Speculation What creatures/animals are you wanting or expecting to see?

Spath

Operations | Developer
Staff member
Early Bird Supporter
I know we've seen a ton in the trailer and other media but we havent seen more common things like pigs and cows (turbo chicken aside).
What are you hoping we will see whether it is a common friendly animal or mythical creature?

Neo1366

I'm hoping to definitely see what they can do with domesticated animals. They showed that chickens won't be so easy to tame and harvest eggs from. I want to see what they are going to require with cows and pigs. I am also excited to figure out their domestication process. Based off of some concept art with a pet bunny, we can assume their is a new system to get pets?? :giggle:

Dannypent

Community Manager | Developer
Staff member
Early Bird Supporter
Aside from the confirmed, I'd like the see the following domesticated/pet animals:
  • Lizard
  • Fish (yes, pet fish)
  • Sugar Glider

Spath

Operations | Developer
Staff member
Early Bird Supporter
Aside from the confirmed, I'd like the see the following domesticated/pet animals:
  • Lizard
  • Fish (yes, pet fish)
  • Sugar Glider
I'd love some Sugar Gliders just because they're so cute.

I'd love to have some red squirrels for the same reason.

Dannypent

Staff member
Early Bird Supporter
I'd love some Sugar Gliders just because they're so cute.

I'd love to have some red squirrels for the same reason.
Right?! Red squirrels are a great idea!

Tavaru

Any animals not released initially I shall endeavour to create for you.:)
I feel as if I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the creation screen.:whistle:

Dannypent

Staff member
Early Bird Supporter
Very cool @Tavaru! Any you had in mind initially (assuming they're not included) to try and make?

Tavaru

Very cool @Tavaru! Any you had in mind initially (assuming they're not included) to try and make?
I was hoping to go for (just at first) a theme of "innocent until proven deadly". Things that look friendly enough that are deadly at close range, similar to how a mimic is or the rabbit from Monty Python & the Holy Grail. After that I'll start making more biome specific creatures, 2 examples would be a rock worm in mountain areas & camouflaged creatures hidden under swamps, this is all assuming we can program in specific locations monsters can be spawned that is. :) I'll have to learn about what I can do when I see the editor, I might not be able to use all the ideas I have while at the same time I might come up with a lot more once I know what it can do.

Spath

Operations | Developer
Staff member
Early Bird Supporter
I feel like no matter what we get in the game, whether it is fictional or realistic, we will end up adding far more. The potential for Hytale through mods is just beyond anything we had hoped for with Minecraft. I think that is the one huge benefit with Hytale is that Hypixel have had their ever growing wishlist of what they want to do with Minecraft and have now decided to go do it in their own game rather than through a Minecraft client mod. They made the right choice in my book as they now have unlimited creative potential rather than having to shoehorn into the MC framework.