Community Manager | Developer
Early Bird Supporter
- Jan 9, 2019
Hytale Blog Breakdown - #2
Welcome to the Hytale Blog Breakdown, where we summarize all the latest news coming straight from the Hytale Development Blog.
This week's blog focused on what to expect from the built-in Hytale Model Maker.
- Hytale Model Maker is being created by Élisée Maurer, who created CraftStudio, and Nicolas 'Bilou' Gauthier.
- The Hytale Model Maker will be FREE for everyone to use at launch as both a downloadable app and via a web browser.
- The tool will provide "exactly what you need" to make assets for Hytale.
- The modeling system uses cuboids and flat planes
- A Sword Modeling Timelapse was released to showcase how the Hytale Model Maker works. (30 minutes of total work at normal speed)
- You will be able to import textures from other art tools such as Photoshop.
- Static objects (non-animated) can be directly imported into the game.
- A Zombie Animation Timelapse was released to showcase how the Hytale Model Maker animation suite works. (20 minutes of total work at normal speed)
- A Character Attachments video was released to showcase how animations / models will look with different attachments such as hair, armor, etc. (modularity)
- Allows for real time collaboration similar to Google Drive.
- A Real Time Collaboration video was released to showcase the ability to work on the same project with multiple people at the same time.
- Shared repositories will be able to be created to share files between collaborators.