Community Manager | Developer
Early Bird Supporter
Hytale Blog Breakdown - #2
Welcome to the Hytale Blog Breakdown, where we summarize all the latest news coming straight from the Hytale Development Blog.
Key Takeaways (Zero Speculation, All Fact):This week's blog focused on what to expect from the built-in Hytale Model Maker.
- Hytale Model Maker is being created by Élisée Maurer, who created CraftStudio, and Nicolas 'Bilou' Gauthier.
- The Hytale Model Maker will be FREE for everyone to use at launch as both a downloadable app and via a web browser.
- The tool will provide "exactly what you need" to make assets for Hytale.
- The modeling system uses cuboids and flat planes
- A Sword Modeling Timelapse was released to showcase how the Hytale Model Maker works. (30 minutes of total work at normal speed)
- You will be able to import textures from other art tools such as Photoshop.
- Static objects (non-animated) can be directly imported into the game.
- A Zombie Animation Timelapse was released to showcase how the Hytale Model Maker animation suite works. (20 minutes of total work at normal speed)
- A Character Attachments video was released to showcase how animations / models will look with different attachments such as hair, armor, etc. (modularity)
- Allows for real time collaboration similar to Google Drive.
- A Real Time Collaboration video was released to showcase the ability to work on the same project with multiple people at the same time.
- Shared repositories will be able to be created to share files between collaborators.