Community Manager | Developer
Early Bird Supporter
Hytale Blog Breakdown - #1
Welcome to the first installment of the Hytale Blog Breakdown, where we summarize all the latest news coming straight from the Hytale Development Blog.
Key Takeaways (Zero Speculation, All Fact):This week's blog focused on answering some of the communities most frequently asked questions and sharing with us 2 songs from the Hytale Original Soundtrack (OST).
- Hytale OST - Traveling Band released
- Hytale OST - Night on the Dunes released
- Server Trailer exceeded goals by a landslide (original goal was 250k views in the first week)
- "The beta will not launch within the next few months."
- Coverage of high-level modding and content creation concepts will be discussed in a technical blog "very soon"
- The Official Discord, subreddit, and forum will not be created until closer to the beta to allow the team to focus on development.
- New job opportunities are being "finalized" and will be available "next week."
- There will be a free-build / creative building tool. More details in "a blog post in the future."
- If you signed up for the Beta, you will be receiving a confirmation with the first newsletter "sometime in the next week."
- Linux will be supported for servers but not for clients.
- Crowd sourced multi-language support for the game is being considered.
- The story-oriented portion of Orbis, the main world of Hytale, will be shaped like a normal worldmap (not in concentric-circles, circle inside a circle)
- The in-game video player is designed to support Youtube and Twitch.