Community Manager | Developer
Early Bird Supporter
- Jan 9, 2019
Hytale Blog Breakdown - #1
Welcome to the first installment of the Hytale Blog Breakdown, where we summarize all the latest news coming straight from the Hytale Development Blog.
This week's blog focused on answering some of the communities most frequently asked questions and sharing with us 2 songs from the Hytale Original Soundtrack (OST).
- Hytale OST - Traveling Band released
- Hytale OST - Night on the Dunes released
- Server Trailer exceeded goals by a landslide (original goal was 250k views in the first week)
- "The beta will not launch within the next few months."
- Coverage of high-level modding and content creation concepts will be discussed in a technical blog "very soon"
- The Official Discord, subreddit, and forum will not be created until closer to the beta to allow the team to focus on development.
- New job opportunities are being "finalized" and will be available "next week."
- There will be a free-build / creative building tool. More details in "a blog post in the future."
- If you signed up for the Beta, you will be receiving a confirmation with the first newsletter "sometime in the next week."
- Linux will be supported for servers but not for clients.
- Crowd sourced multi-language support for the game is being considered.
- The story-oriented portion of Orbis, the main world of Hytale, will be shaped like a normal worldmap (not in concentric-circles, circle inside a circle)
- The in-game video player is designed to support Youtube and Twitch.