Hytale Blog Hytale Blog Breakdown - EXPLORING HYTALE’S BLOCK TECH

Dannypent

Community Manager | Developer
Staff member
Early Bird Supporter
hytaleblogbreakdown.png

Hytale Blog Breakdown - #5
Welcome to the Hytale Blog Breakdown, where we summarize all the latest news coming straight from the Hytale Development Blog.

Blog Summary:
This week's blog focused on showcasing the various kinds of block technologies within Hytale including RGB controls, animations, and more.
Key Takeaways (Zero Speculation, All Fact):
  • Any block will be able to have RGB tints added to them to change their color.
  • Blocks will have transition textures when placed next to other blocks (more natural look).
  • Blocks can be rendered either as a cube (normal blocks), with models and textures made in Hytale Model Maker (HMM), or with a combination of both.
  • Animations can be added to any block (ex. shining/glimmering ores in stone).
  • Blocks can be made submersible so that liquids naturally flow instead of breaking the fluid physics of the game (no air pockets with fences).
  • Textures can be set to bisect one another randomly to create a varied, 'less blocky' feel such as with leaves.
  • Ambient animations (ex. flowing grass) will be present in Hytale.
  • Blocks will / can have particle effects of any color/shape applied to them.
  • Particles can be different per event such as when walked on, placed, broken, etc..
  • Blocks will be able to have state changes applied to them to create animated effects (ex. opening a double door).
  • Apples grow on trees.
Check out the original blog post: https://hytale.com/news/2019/2/exploring-hytale-s-block-tech

Spath

Operations | Developer
Staff member
Early Bird Supporter
I love they have the transition texture by default. Optifine added that to MC and I hated seeing the game after I played with it on. Also love the entire list. It just makes the possibilities endless.