Community Manager | Developer
Early Bird Supporter
- Jan 9, 2019
Hytale Blog Breakdown - #3
Welcome to the Hytale Blog Breakdown, where we summarize all the latest news coming straight from the Hytale Development Blog.
This week's blog focused on community Hytale Servers and a built-in server listing.
- The Hytale client is written in C#.
- Hytale servers will run on Java.
- Hytale server technology will be shared source, so everyone will be able to read the server code
- The Hytale client will be closed source to prevent hacking and to provide one base for developers to work from.
- "Server operators will be able to create and customize every aspect of the game - from the environments and game mechanics to parts of the UI itself."
- When you connect to a server, all content needed to play will be downloaded - models, animations, sounds, etc.
- There will be a built-in server listing / finder similar to traditional game server lists on platforms like Steam.
- Servers can opt-in to this built-in server listing and customize their page by adding images, blogs, tags, and more.
- No port-forwarding will be required to play with your friends in Adventure mode worlds (uses UPnP and NAT punchthrough).